Profoto has for the past 40 years been the leader in high-end lighting equipment, catering for all types of photography. Whether you just started out with flash photography or if you have been in the industry for many years, you’ll be sure to find a solution from Profoto that works for you.
Profoto was founded in 1968, in Stockholm, by photographer and engineer Eckhard Heine and photo equipment retailer Conny Dufgran, both Swedish. Since its introduction, the brand has focused on reliability and durability, something that has been appreciated by discerning photographers, all over the world.
Profoto B10 LATEST
Just released – Profoto B10 – 250w, ultra compact, battery-powered with TTL and High-Speed Sync.
Watch a video of this flash in action:
Profoto A1 NEW
The A1 is every inch a Profoto light – just smaller. Its unique round head delivers light that’s both natural and beautiful with a soft smooth fall-off. And it’s incredibly easy to use with superfast recycling and a long-lasting battery, so you’ll never miss a shot. On the move, shooting on-camera or off, this is light shaping excellence everywhere.
- TTL and High Speed Sync.
- Use it on-camera or off-camera
- Range of light shaping tools available – magnetic for ease of use
- Fast recycling – 1.2 seconds
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Integrated LED modelling light
- Remote control and receiver – Integrated Air TTL
- Available for Canon, Nikon and other brands
Watch a video of the A1 in action here
The World’s fastest moonlight with TTL
With the Profoto D2, you’re always up to speed. Whether you’re shooting portrait, food, fashion or sport, with a flash duration of up to 1/63,000 of a second you’ll get a great shot every time. This is high-end light shaping excellence in a superfast and versatile package for photographers who demand only the very best.
- Available in 500 and 1000Ws, adjustable in 1/10 f-stop increments over a 10 f-stop power range to give you both power and precise control.
- Bursts up to 20 flashes per second with flash durations up to 1/63,000 of a second.
- High Speed Sync up to 1/8,000s.
- Shoot in TTL or manual mode.
- Fully integrated with other AirTTL flashes like B1 and B2.
- Built-in reflector for maximum output and minimizing of stray light.
- High-resolution display with a superior, intuitive interface.
- Compatible with 120+ Light Shaping Tools from Profoto’s renowned light shaping system.
To watch a video follow the link https://youtu.be/BHwNzSQ6Yoc
Available in 500 & 1000w/s and in two head kits with bag. Just released. Please phone for best price.
D1 500/500 Air Studio Kit
Superior performance in a compact package.
Boasting a generous 7 f-stop power range, action-stopping short flash durations, and color stability comparable with that of many high-end studio generators, the D1 proves that superior performance can be delivered in a compact and affordable package.
- Compatible with the vast majority of Light Shaping Tools.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Built-in reflector makes the D1 very safe and easy to use.
- Wide 7 f-stop power range in 0.1 f-stop steps.
- Short flash duration even on the high power settings.
- Fast recycling times.
- Available with Air – the world’s fastest system for remote radio sync and control.
- Designed to withstand years of everyday use.
- 2 x D1 500w monolights
- 2 x umbrellas
- 2 x stands
- 1 x Studio Kit Bag
- Power cables
Product Number: 901056 – D1 Studio Kit 500/500 Air
Profoto B1X Flash – NEW
The B1X features a new LED modelling light which adds 80% more light output. The new battery pack holds an impressive 50% more energy with no extra size or weight. And last but not least, the High Speed Sync power range is extended to the same range as in normal flash mode – 9 full f-stops.
B1X 500 Air TTL To-Go Kit
Off-camera (battery) flash. With TTL. Without cords
The B1X makes it easy to take the flash off your camera, take control and shape light.
With TTL you set the light in a flash. With HSS you control the ambient light no matter how harsh the sun is. With battery-power and a clever design without cables or cords, you can take the B1 with you wherever you go and put it wherever you want.
Add to that the power, speed and light shaping possibilities that Profoto lights are known for, and you have an off-camera flash that makes great light easy.
- Patented AirTTL technology provides perfect exposure in a flash.
- Cordless design and wireless controls allows you to shoot without any restraints.
- Interchangeable, integrated battery provides up to 220 full-power flashes and tens of thousands at lowest power.
- 500 Ws adjustable in 1/10 f-stop increments over a 9 f-stop power range give you both power and precise control.
- Fires up to 20 flashes a second with flash durations as short as 1/19,000 of a second.
- Patent-pending Profoto HSS is fast enough to keep up with your camera, 10 times as powerful as your average speedlight, and extremely consistent.
- Designed for used with more than 150 Light Shaping Tools.
Product Number: 901028
B1X 500 Air TTL Location Kit
B1X off-camera flash – a versatile battery-powered monohead kit.
Its TTL function shines the brightest in challenging lighting conditions. Its cordless operation unleashes your creativity and makes it want to run free in the wild.
The B1 Location Kit was designed with this in mind. The kit includes two B1 Off-Camera Flashes, two batteries, one Fast Charger and one Car Charger.
The entire kits fits in and is delivered with a customized and comfortable backpack.
- 2 x B1X 500 AirTTL (Cordless, battery-powered off-camera flash with TTL.)
- 2 x Li-Ion Battery (A powerful and exchangeable battery that provides 220-50,000 flashes in a single charge depending on flash output.)
- 1 x Fast Charger 4.5A (Recharges the Li-Ion Battery in only one hour.)
- 1 x Car Charger 1.8A (Plugs into a standard car cigarette connector and recharges the Li-Ion Battery in two hours.)
- 1 x BackPack M (Custom backpack with comfortable carrying straps, adjustable compartments and side pockets for carrying stands).
Product Number: 901027
Light Shaping Tools
Light Shaping Tools are what makes Profoto really shine. More than 120 tools are available – each with its own distinct effect on light characteristics, distribution and output. Most of the tools are equipped with Profoto’s unique clamp mechanism, which makes them easy to mount and allows you to shape the light by simply sliding the reflector back and forth on the head.
Here are some of the most popular light shaping tools:
A Classic Among Profoto Light Shaping Tools
It is one of the most versatile reflectors available, capable of providing the light of a normal reflector, a wide-angle reflector and everything in between, thanks to its unique zoom function. The integrated grid holder and a number of optional accessories expand its already impressive versatility even further.
- Light spread: 105° at position 10, 75° at position 7 and 35° at position 6.
- Output at 2m with 2400 Ws @ ISO 100: f/45.1 at zoom position 7
- Features Profoto’s unique zoom function – shape the light by simply sliding the reflector back and forth on the head.
- Designed to withstand years of professional use.
- Expand its versatility even further with optional the accessories such as Grids, Barn-Doors and Snoot.
OCF Beauty Dish 2’ White
The OCF Beauty Dish is a collapsible and more portable version of the classic Profoto Softlight Reflector.
It creates a creamy yet crisp light, often referred to as a “beauty light.” When it comes to bringing out the beauty of your subjects, it is second to none.
Since it is tailor-made for on-location photography, the OCF Beauty Dish is compact, lightweight and easy to use. High-quality fabrics and patent-pending design allows you to snap it onto the speedring without having to bend and fumble with the rods.
- Creates a classic beauty light.
- Collapsible and lightweight.
- Patent-pending design for fast and easy setup.
- Made with high-quality fabrics.
- Comes with deflector plate, optional diffuser and carrying bag.
- Also available in silver for a “crisper” light.
- 1 x OCF Beauty Dish White 2′ incl. deflector plate
- 1 x Diffuser
- 1 x Carrying bag
OCF Soft Box Octa 2’
OCF Softboxes are softboxes tailor-made for fast and easy on-location photography.
Like any other softbox, OCF Softboxes create a soft and flattering light. But unlike any other softbox, they are made in a unique material that is both lightweight and easy to fold and unfold. Add to that the fixed diffuser, the patent-pending speedring and the color-coded rods. Put all that together, and you have a softbox that is faster and easier to set up than any other on the market.
The OCF Snoot is a compact and portable Light Shaping Tool that drastically reduces the light spread from your off-camera flash.
The effect is a crisp and direct light with almost no spill light. The light has a beautiful, round shape, which can be used as hair light or any other application when only a small area needs to be illuminated.
The OCF Snoot is incredibly easy to use. You just snap it on the front of your off-camera flash, and in a second, you are good to go.
The OCF Snoot is made of a strong glass fibre that makes it lightweight and extremely durable.
The Off-Camera Flash system is tied together by the wireless radio system AirTTL.
AirTTL offers full TTL operation with both Canon and Nikon cameras. Canon shooters attach the Air Remote TTL-C to their camera’s hot shoe, Nikon shooters the Air Remote TTL-N. Then point and shoot, and the off-camera flash will automatically adjust its light output to provide you with the perfect exposure. It is as easy as it sounds.
Profoto Air Remote
Control the shoot from the palm of your hand.
The standard Air Remote can be used to wirelessly sync and control your Profoto Off-Camera Flash from any camera that has a hot shoe.
Unlike the Air Remote TTL-C (for Canon) and the Air Remote TTL-N (for Nikon), the Air Remote does not provide TTL functionality. But the sensation of shooting without cords and without restraints is the same.
The impressive operating range of 300 m (1,000 ft) is also the same.
Note that the Air Remote uses the world’s fastest system for remote radio sync and control, allowing you to shoot with less delay and higher reliability.
- The world’s fastest system for remote radio sync and control, fast enough to match a sync cable
- Unbeaten operating range of 300 m/1,000 ft.
- Open frequency band (2.4 GHz)
- Approved for worldwide use
- Small and handy
- Can be used to sync any flash brand
- Can be used as remote shutter release for most cameras
- Can be used as remote control for Profoto flashes with Air built-in
Profoto prices are subject to change
To find out out more about Profoto products, please send us an email here